Since its conception and inauguration, in 2005, the hotel management has been committed to the preservation of resources, to eco-efficiency and to a permanent improvement.
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM POLICY
Aware of the need to preserve the privileged environment of which we are part, and with the aim of generating experiences that make a real difference in the concept of luxury and personalized service for our guests, at Los Cauquenes Resort + Spa + Experiences we are permanently working to ensure a maximum comfort, quality service and attention during the stay of each of our guests, with the commitment to protect the environment, contribute to the preservation of the natural and historical attractions of Ushuaia, always acting in a responsible way not only with our visitors but also with our local community.
We are committed to minimizing the impacts on the environment by betting on continuous improvement, compliance with environmental regulations and assuming the principles of the World Charter for Sustainable Tourism.
All our staff participates in a responsible management to ensure an unforgettable stay at the End of the World, not only for our present guests but also for the ones to come.
SOME OF OUR ACTIVITIES AND ACTIONS TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENTAL PRESERVATION:
- Provision of aluminum bottles, which can be refilled and reused, for excursions.
- Placement of drinking water dispensers in different areas of the hotel.
- Use of recycled paper.
- Participation in the Garrahan Hospital recycling program.
- Notes remarking the importance of environmental preservation, raising awareness about the use of water and electricity.
- Cultural activities and responsible talks; waste collection on the coast, talks about how to protect the ozone layer, and about local flora and fauna.
- Illumination through presence sensors in service areas.
- Low consumption lighting and LED.
- Optimization of the air conditioning system by installing double windows.
- Reduction of electrical energy; switches with magnetic cards.
UNTIL 2019, LOS CAUQUENES RESORT + SPA + EXPERIENCES HAS RECYCLED:
- 2133 kgs. of paper
- 224 toners
- 223 kgs. of batteries
- 838 light bulbs
- 204 sq m of cardboard
- 45 sq m of PET
- 20 sq m of glass
- 5445 kgs. of vegetal oil
- 8 sq m of aluminum
- 176 kgs. of bottle caps
Direct access to private beach
Spa, Gym and Sauna
Transfers to the airport of Ushuaia and city free of charge